Followers

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Lost and found by My Savior Jesus Christ

Growing up as a teenager, I had a lot of questions like:

What is my origin? Why do I exist? Does God exist?
What is my identity? Who am I?
What is my purpose? How should I live? What is right and what is wrong? What is true happiness?
What is my destiny? What happens to me after I die? Is there life after death? Are heaven and hell real? If so, how can I get to heaven? What do the Bible and other religious books have to do with my future and me? I desperately needed to know the truth, to fill the void and emptiness that I sensed and felt more and more in my heart, as I lived longer and longer in this world. I longed to be enlightened.

One day, I was invited to attend a Christian youth rally. I heard for the first time the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a way that touched and challenged me personally. The preacher had quoted John 14:6, where Jesus declared:"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me". I had been looking for the Way to heaven, the Truth to live an authentic life and the Life which is abundant, eternal and truly happy. I had not found fulfilling answers anywhere until I finally decided to believe and yielded my heart to Jesus Christ, and to follow Him. No turning back. This was the absolutely most important and vital decision that I ever made and will make in my whole life. Jesus Christ is indeed the Way, the Truth and the Life. I understood that:
Jesus Christ is the Way to Heaven, to true Wisdom, Success, Happiness, Prosperity, Joy, Love, Peace, and Contentment. Jesus is the Truth personified, Truth that prevails, conquers, enlightens, sets free, liberates, illuminates, dispels darkness, lies, and hypocrisy. Jesus is the Life that is true, pure, holy, authentic, real, humble, wise, good, noble, abundant, victorious, successful, blessed, and everlasting.

I was so touched that Jesus Christ has found me and saved me when I was so empty and miserable. My whole outlook was radically changed. I got a brand new worldview-the biblical worldview. I was amazed at my own transformation in spirit, soul and mind. I became a completely new creation. I had started living in the Truth and in Agape love. God had filled me with His Holy Spirit. I understood that I was made in God's image. I am a child of God. I am a witness to the Truth and I will spend eternity in Heaven. I became a positive, optimistic, hopeful, and purposeful person, with the good news of salvation in Christ Jesus to offer to others. O Amazing Grace! I once was lost but now am found! Was blind but now I see!

Without my Lord, I can do nothing. He is my Everything, my All in All. I have already tasted my Lord's grace and mercy, love and compassion, provision and protection, throughout all these long past blessed years. God is so faithful and true! Indeed,

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for His Name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
For You are with me...

I testify that goodness and mercy have followed me as I followed My Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: