Followers

Saturday, March 16, 2013

From nominal to born-again Christian

I was born and raised in the multi-religious country of Mauritius Island, in the Indian Ocean. My parents placed me in a Roman Catholic elementary school. I got sprinkled, had my first "Holy Communion", and confirmed in Roman Catholicism as ayoung child. I attended masses, and confessed my sins to the priest...This went on for years but I still felt something was missing in my life. My heart experienced a void and emptiness...
One day, in my youth, I got invited to a Youth Gospel meeting. As soon as I stepped in there, I felt love in the atmosphere and environment. I was challenged by the preaching of the Word. The preacher quoted John 14:6 which declares that Jesus Is the Way, the Truth and the Life, and no one comes to the Father except through Him. After a few more such meetings, I finally got convinced and convicted of my need of Jesus Christ as My Savior and Lord. So, I finally repented, confessed, and received Him into my heart through a sincere humble prayer. I had decided to follow Jesus-No turning back.
Ever since I got born again in Christ, I have truly enjoyed the peace of God in my heart no matter the circumstances. No more emptiness in my heart. I know that I am now living in the Truth and the Light. Thank You and Praise You, My Most Precious Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: